PATENTED GOLD MINES FOR SALE. GOLD FILLED BANGLE BRACELET. RED AND GOLD DECOR
Patented Gold Mines For Sale
- A source of wealth, valuable information, or resources
- (Gold Mine (Long Beach)) The Gold Mine is a 1,900 seat multi-purpose arena in Long Beach, California, on the campus of California State University, Long Beach.
- (gold mine) goldmine: a good source of something that is desired
- A place where gold is mined
- (The Gold Mine) Gold Mine Studios is the name of recording studios in Los Angeles, California and Brentwood, Tennessee.
- purchasable: available for purchase; “purchasable goods”; “many houses in the area are for sale”
- For Sale is a tour EP by Say Anything. It contains 3 songs from …Is a Real Boy and 2 additional b-sides that were left off the album.
- For Sale is the fifth album by German pop band Fool’s Garden, released in 2000.
- (of devices and processes) protected by patent; “they are patented inventions”
- (patent) (of a bodily tube or passageway) open; affording free passage; “patent ductus arteriosus”
- Obtain a patent for (an invention)
- (patent) a document granting an inventor sole rights to an invention
patented gold mines for sale – The Gold
“You’re trying to deal with your mess as if it was a technical problem,” Bob tells Phil. “Move this machine here, change this design there, which it is to some extent, but … it’s all about people. You have a leadership problem not just a production or business problem.” As Phil begins to tackle the key challenges necessary to improve his company’s operations, he comes to understand the deeper points of lean. Readers will also draw powerful insights from his journey.
The Gold Mine presents all the key lean principles, ranging from well-known ideas such as pull and flow, to lesser-known yet equally important principles such as jidoka and heijunka. The book also reveals lean as a system—using a realistic story to show how the principles are interrelated and how they lead to useful tools such as kanban or 5S.
A Knight's Tomb
Yeardley was baptized on July 28, 1588, in St. Saviour’s Parish, Southwark, Surrey. He was the son of Ralph Yeardley (1549-1604), a London merchant-tailor, and Rhoda Marston (d. 1603). He chose not to follow his father into trade, but instead became a soldier and joined a company of English foot-soldiers to fight the Spanish in the Netherlands. As captain of a personal bodyguard, he was selected to serve Sir Thomas Gates during his term as Governor of Virginia.
Yardley set sail from England on June 1, 1609, with the newly appointed Gates aboard the Sea Venture, the flagship of the ill-fated Third Supply expedition to Jamestown. After eight weeks at sea, and seven days from expected landfall, the convoy ran into a tropical storm and the Sea Venture was shipwrecked in the Bermudas. Fortunately, everyone survived the storm. Despite numerous problems, including civil unrest among the former passengers resulting in Gates to declare martial law, two small ships were built within 10 months. The two ships,the 70-80 ton Deliverance and the 30 ton pinnace Patience’, arrived at Jamestown on May 23, 1610.
The shipwreck survivors found the colonists of Jamestown in desperate condition. Most of the settlers had died from sickness or starvation, or had been killed by Indians. Sir Thomas Gates agreed with the Jamestown settlers to abandon the colony and return to England. He ordered Captain Yeardley to command his soldiers to guard the town preventing settlers from setting fire to the structures that were evacuated. Lord de la Warr soon arrived bringing supplies to save the struggling colony. Captain Yeardley was co-commander of the early Forts Henry and Charles at Kecoughtan. In October 1610, LORD DE LA WARR ordered Captain Yeardley and Captain Edward Brewster to lead 150 men into the mountains in search of silver and gold mines.
In 1616 Yeardley was designated Deputy-Governor of Virginia. One of his first accomplishments was to come to an agreement with the Chickahominy Indians that secured food and peace for two years. He served from 1616 to 1617. Yeardley was appointed Deputy-Governor again in 1625.
On 18 October 1618, Yeardley married Temperance Flowerdew, daughter of Anthony Flowerdew of Hethersett, County Norfolk, and his wife Martha Stanley of Scottow, County Norfolk. "Exactly a month later he was appointed to serve three years as governor of Virginia, and was knighted by James I during an audience at Newmarket on 24 November". Temperance Flowerdew had also sailed for Virginia in the 1609 expedition, aboard the Faulcon, arriving at Jamestown in August 1609. She was one of the few survivors of the Starving Time.
In 1618, he patented 1,000 acres (4.0 km2) of land on Mulberry Island. He owned another private plantation upriver on the south side of the James River opposite Weyanoke, named Flowerdew Hundred. It is often assumed that Yeardley named this plantation "Flowerdew Hundred" after his wife, as a kind of romantic tribute. However, the land appears to have been in use by Stanley Flowerdew, Yeardley’s brother-in-law, before it was patented by Yeardley, so the plantation may have been associated with the Flowerdew name before Yeardley’s patent. Note that Yeardley named his Mulberry Island plantation "Stanley Hundred", undoubtedly after his Stanley in-laws. In other words, both of Yeardley’s plantations were named in honor of his wealthy in-laws.
Another Flowerdew relation, John Pory, served as Secretary to the colony from 1618-1622. And when Flowerdew Hundred sent representatives to the first General Assembly in Jamestown in 1619, one was Ensign Edmund Rossingham, a son of Temperance Flowerdew’s elder sister Mary Flowerdew and her husband Dionysis Rossingham. Clearly, the Yeardley-Flowerdew alliance was as much to do with power politics and social status as with romance.
With a population of about thirty, Flowerdew plantation was economically successful with thousands of pounds of tobacco produced along with corn, fish and livestock. In 1621 Yeardley paid 120 pounds (possibly a hogshead of tobacco) to build the first windmill in British America. The windmill was an English post design and was transferred by deed in the property’s 1624 sale to Abraham Piersey, a Cape Merchant of the London Company.
The plantation survived the 1622 onslaught of Powhatan I
Greyston (William E and Sarah T Hoadley Dodge Jr Estate) Gate House
The Greyston Gatehouse is a significant surviving component of the William E. and Sarah T. Hoadley Dodge, Jr., Estate, known as Greyston, located in the Riverdale section of the Bronx. A grey granite villa, Greyston was built in 1863-64 to the design of preeminent architect James Renwick, Jr., and his long-time partner, Joseph Sands. It is one of the city’s finest examples of a villa in the Gothic Revival style of the mid-19th century and is a designated New York City Landmark. The Greyston Gatehouse, built c. 1863-68, is a premier example in New York of the picturesque rural cottage style popularized by architectural theoreticians such as Andrew Jackson Downing and Calvert Vaux, though the design is undoubtedly by Renwick & Sands. The one-and-ahalf-story frame building is irregularly massed, clad in clapboards in the first story and board-andbatten above, and features cusped vergeboards accenting the jerkinhead roofs, which are covered with polychrome slate shingles. Dramatically sited on a bluff overlooking the Hudson River, Riverdale first developed in 1853 as the earliest planned railroad suburb within today’s New York City, following the completion of the Hudson River Railroad, and the area became a favored summer retreat with villas for wealthy New Yorkers.
William Earl Dodge, Jr., was a partner in his father’s firm, Phelps, Dodge & Co., an international tin and copper dealer and manufacturer, as well as president of the Ansonia Clock Co. and Ansonia Brass Co. and director of a number of railroad and mining companies. The Gatehouse property, which remained in the Dodge family until 1977, also includes two schist piers at the original entrance to the drive leading to Greyston. Not only a rare example within New York City of a 19th-century estate gatehouse whose villa also survives, it is also one of the very few such known structures associated with James Renwick’s firm.
DESCRIPTION AND ANALYSIS
The Initial Villa Era of Riverdale
The Riverdale area of the Bronx was part of the large region inhabited by the Mahican Indians until 1646. In that year, the land bounded by the Bronx, Harlem, and North (Hudson) Rivers as far north as the present northern border of Yonkers came under the patroonship of the first lawyer in Dutch New Netherland, Adriaen Van der Donck, whose honorific title jonkheer (“squire”) gave Yonkers its name. His Remonstrance of New Netherland in 1649, which was a plea for democratization, urged the emancipation of the children of theoretically free black families. Van der Donck’s family retained title to his holdings following his death around 1655 and the English takeover of the colony in 1664. Most of this acreage was sold in 1672, with the majority going to Frederick Philipse I over a period of years. In the 1680s, Philipse built a simple stone house (later incorporated into Philipse Manor Hall, Yonkers, still standing), as well as another stone house and mill farther north (Philipsburg Manor, North Tarrytown, still standing); in 1693, the entire property was royally patented as the Manor of Philipsburg. Frederick Philipse owned ship, lumber and lime kiln businesses, as well as rented land to farmers, and in 1693 built a toll bridge called Kingsbridge over Spuyten Duyvil Creek to Manhattan. In the 1680s and 1690s, Philipse was also active in the slave trade in the West Indies and Africa. During the American Revolution, his great-grandson, the loyalist Frederick Philipse III, fled with his family to England and the Philipse land was confiscated by the state. In 1785, the old Manor of Philipsburg was divided into a number of parcels which were sold by the Commissioners of Forfeiture; land that comprised the area of today’s Riverdale was sold to George Hadley, a local farmer. According to the census, Hadley owned five slaves in 1790, but none in 1810.
As early as the late 1820s, several wealthy New York families, such as the Schermerhorns and the Delafields, began purchasing large tracts of land in this area along the Hudson River. By the late 1830s and 1840s, those American urban dwellers with sufficient means sought, in increasing numbers, to escape the city for the countryside for the entire summer and, if possible, on weekends. Many early 19th-century Americans, such as writers, artists, reformers, transcendentalists, religious leaders, and politicians, promoted a view of the countryside as fostering health, virtue, and democratic values. In contrast, cities were often seen, realistically or not, as associated with congestion, disease, heat in the summer, poverty, corruption, and vice. As the United States grew in population and its commerce and industry expanded rapidly in the 19th century, certain sections of the nation became increasingly urbanized, and one result of these changes was that the character of established urban residential areas was often threatened by commerce. This was particularly true in New York City, as it
patented gold mines for sale
Rod Ironsides makes love to his boss’s wife and drives his miners faster and harder than anyone has ever dared. A few weeks ago, Ironsides had a passion for golf and one-night stands. Now, he has been handed a prize and a curse: to blast through rock and reap a fortune–or be destroyed.
From a split-second, oxygen-sucking explosion to a looming underground wall of water, there are a dozen ways Rod can fail. But his passion and fury won’t let him back down from a conspiracy he cannot see: men who want to turn his mine into a death trap–for the bloodiest pay-day of all…